UPSC IES Exam 2023: The Union Civil Service Commission conducts the UPSC IES exam every year to recruit engineering graduates to the highest posts in various departments and ministries of the Government of India. The commission organizes the ESE/IES exam for major branches of engineering, namely civil, mechanical, electrical, and telecommunication. Aspirants can check all details about IES Exam 2023 including exam pattern, syllabus, selection process, and preparation tips in this article.
IES 2023 Exam: Overview
|Exam name||IES 2023 Exam|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam frequency||Once a year|
|Exam mode||Offline – pen and paper mode|
|Exam stages||Prelims – Mains (written) – Mains (interview)|
What is the IES exam?
IES exam 2023 is a national-level exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit engineering graduates. The commission organizes the ESE IES exam every year for the main branches, namely civil communication, mechanical, electrical, and electronics.
Indian Engineering Service (IES) or engineering service examination (ESE) includes engineers who work under the Government of India and are appointed as Class – 1 employees. They manage a large part of the public economy. and king, which includes Indian Railways, Electricity, Engineers Defense Service, Central Engineering Service, Telecommunications, and Central Water Engineering.
You can also check out these Articles
- MMHAPU exam date
- LNMU Exam Dates 2023
- Gate Exam Date 2023
- AFCAT 2023 Exam Date
- Airforce Station Kanpur Apprentice Exam Date 2023
- UP NHM CHO recruitment 2023
- MPPSC Exam Calendar 2023-24 PDF
IES Exam 2023 Prelims Exam Pattern
The IES Exam 2023 is the first stage of the selection process. It has paper-I and paper II.
- The total mark in the IES Exam 2023 is 500 marks.
- Paper I is common to all candidates, whereas paper II will have questions from the core engineering subject.
- ⅓ marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
|Paper-I: General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper||200 Marks||2 Hours|
|Paper-II: Core Engineering Paper||300 Marks||3 Hours|
IES Exam 2023 Mains Exam Pattern
If candidates qualify for the IES Exam 2023 Prelims exam, they will appear for the Mains exam.
- The Mains exam will also have 2 papers.
- Both the papers have subjects based on the core engineering subject selected by you, i.e. Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,, and Electronics Telecommunication Engineering.
- The commission has the right to deduct up to 5% of the total marks if your handwriting is illegible.
|Paper-I: Core Engineering subject||6-8 Questions||300||3 Hours|
|Paper-II: Core Engineering
|6-8 Questions||300||3 Hours|
IES Exam 2023 Syllabus
This is a program of general studies in arts and engineering that is common to all studies.
- Current affairs issues of Nation and International importance relating to Economic, Social, and Industrial development
- Ethics and Values in the Engineering profession
- Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability
- Basics of Material Science and Engineering
- Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering, such as Networking, E-Governance, and Technology-based education
- Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis
- Basics of Environment and Energy: Conservation, environmental pollution, and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment
- General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety
- Standards and Quality practices in construction, production, maintenance, and services
- Basics of Project Management
IES Exam 2023 Admit Card
IES Exam 2023 Admit Card will be released on the official website: upsc.gov.in. The UPSC releases the IES exam admit cards stage-wise. Thus, firstly, IES Exam 2023 Prelims and Mains admit card will be released, and the Interview process admits cards will be released.
To download admit card follow the following steps:
- Visit the official UPSC website.
- Enter the number and date of birth to upload.
- Click on Electronic Admit Card link for IES Exam.
- Select the IES 2023 exam to receive the card.
- Submit the required details and download IES Admit Card 2023.
IES Exam 2023 Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow the best tips and strategies shown to prepare for the exam. IES 2023 exam preparation tips will help to pass the exam with good marks. Here are some important preparation tips for IES 2023 exam, follow these tips and tricks.
- Understanding exam standards and curriculum
- Follow the best study resources
- Do a proper inspection
- Do a mock test
IES Exam 2023: FAQs
Who conducts IES Exam 2023?
The Union Civil Service Commission conducts the UPSC IES exam every year to recruit engineering graduates to the highest posts in various departments and ministries of the Government of India.
How many vacancies IES Exam 2023 have?
IES Exam 2023 has 337 vacancies