How to Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card?
If you are an Indian resident, you likely know that the ration card is one of the oldest forms of proof of residence. What you may not know, however, is that by linking your ration card with your Aadhaar card, you open yourself up to a host of additional benefits – on top of preventing fraud.
The process to link your Aadhaar with a Ration card is simple and can be done both online and offline. If you’re not already taking advantage of this opportunity, please do so as soon as possible! In this post, we will guide you on How to Link Aadhaar with Ration Card?
What is a Ration Card?
The Ration Card is an important government document in India that allows its holder to access government-subsidized food grains and gasoline. It was introduced over five decades ago and has remained popular due to its benefits.
The Ration Card not only provides basic food grains at reduced prices but also helps the poor to create a proof of identification in the nation by linking them to the government database. It is classified into Antyodaya, BPL (Below Poverty Line), and APL (Above Poverty Line). The family’s financial situation determines eligibility.
Why is it required to link Aadhaar with Ration Card?
The government will also be able to stop individuals ineligible for ration as their income is above the rationing threshold. This will also ensure that only deserving individuals receive subsidized fuel/food grains at a subsidized rate.
In addition to documents like a passport and PAN card, the ration card also serves as proof of identity and address. The new linking method will help prevent anyone from taking advantage of the system and ensure that those who need assistance receive it.
How do you Link Aadhaar with Ration Card online?
- To get started, visit your state’s PDS portal’s official website.
- Once on the site, locate the spot where it says, “Enter the number on your Ration Card.”
- After you’ve found that, go ahead and add your Aadhaar card number in the given field.
- The next thing you’ll need to do is type in your registered mobile phone number.
- Once you have all that information entered, look for a button that says something like “continue/submit.” Once you find it, click it to move forward.
- At this point, a one-time password (OTP) will be issued to the registered cellphone number you inputted in Step 4.
- The final step is to enter the OTP you received in Step 6 to submit your request for the link Aadhaar with the ration card.
You can also check out these Articles
- Unemployment Rate in India
- Haryana BPL Ration Card
- E- Shram Payment Status
- link your Aadhaar with your Ration card
Link Aadhaar with Ration Card Offline
- Link Aadhaar with a Ration card will help you in many ways. To link Aadhaar with a ration card offline, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the local PDS or ration shop.
- Bring photocopies of your ration card as well as Aadhaar cards for all members of your household. Also, bring a passport-sized image of the head of the family.
- If your bank account is not connected to your Aadhaar, you must also send a copy of your bank passbook.
- Submit all of these papers with a copy of your Aadhaar card to the PDS shop.
- The Ration store person may request fingerprint authentication for the first time you use Aadhar.
An SMS message will be sent to your registered cellphone once the papers have been submitted. You will receive another SMS notice when the two papers are correctly connected.
What if you do not link your Aadhaar card to your Ration card?
The government has made it mandatory to link an Aadhaar card to a ration card if you wish to receive government benefits.
What are the Documents Required to Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card?
To link an Aadhaar card with a Ration card, you will need the following documents:
- Aadhaar photocopies of all family members
- Aadhaar photocopy of the family’s head
- Ration card photocopy with original card
- Bank Passbook copy
- Family’s head passport-sized photograph
Link Aadhaar Card with Ration Card FAQs
What is the last date of the Aadhaar linking ration card?
The last date for linking Aadhaar with Ration is 31st March 2023.
|Official Website||Click Here|