Covid XBB 1.5 Variant: Even as the world is still struggling with the rise of the Omicron BF.7 variant, there is a new XBB.1.5 variant that is now causing concern. While the BF.7 variant is the cause of the new wave of corona in China, the cases of XBB.1.5 are increasing worldwide. To be on the safer side take your booster if you’ve taken both drugs. Read this full article to know the symptoms, severity, diagnosis, and treatment of Covid XBB 1.5 and other details.
Covid XBB 1.5 Variant Overview
|Article Title||XBB.1.5 Variant in India|
|Disease Name||Covid 19|
|Responsible Country||China, Wuhan City|
|Which variant comes first||Alpha(B.1.1.7)|
What is the Covid XBB.1.5 Variant?
The XBB.1.5 variant is from Omicron and a relative of the XBB variant, which became ubiquitous in Singapore and India last fall. On Tuesday, the SARS-CoV-2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) said that India has five confirmed cases of the XBB.1.5 type of Covid-19.
Experts said that the new version of Omicron XBB.1.5 had caused concern in many countries, including India, where it was reported and can even infect vaccinated people. INSACOG also noted that out of the five cases, three were found in Gujarat and one in Karnataka and Rajasthan. INSACOG has stated that Omicron and its subline continue to be the dominant brands in India.
Various symptoms of Covid XBB 1.5
Commonly reported symptoms of Covid XBB 1.5 include:
- Changes in smell
- Ringing in the ears
- Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Excruciating pain in the shoulders and legs, known as myalgia.
The severity of Covid variant XBB.1.5
A WHO official said that information about the severity is not yet known, and the investigation is ongoing. However, it is still a global health concern, having been declared an epidemic about three years ago. Although people are not following the current Covid guidelines, they should be careful now is the treatment. Virus strains BF.7 and BA.5.1.7 have been identified in China. There is a rapid spread of subvariant BF.7 in countries such as France, Denmark, England, Germany, and Belgium.
You can also read these articles
So far, the health ministry said that 18 cases of Omicron XBB 1.5 type had been reported in Maharashtra. Most of these cases are from Pune, about 13 in number. Other cases have been reported in Nagpur, Thane, and Akola. As noted, the new sub-variant. XBB 1.5.
It was found to be the leading cause of COVID-19 in the United States, with about 40% of the total cases. However, every day more cases of COVID are reported. But vaccination is effective in preventing the harmful effects of these deadly viruses. So it’s best to take the full range of COVID-19 vaccines available in your country. According to WHO experts, about 300 lines of this virus are present and distributed worldwide.
Covid XBB 1.5 Treatment
WHO officials said that people should be tested at the clinic if they notice any of the above symptoms persist. These tests will help to diagnose the problem and take any action. This will also ensure that the virus does not spread or grow in the patient’s body. Therefore, avoid going to crowded places immediately after the vaccination.
Covid XBB 1.5 Variant- Precautions
- Many people feel uncomfortable wearing a mask, but it is essential to do so in order to reduce the risk of infection. Wearing a mask is one of the most important things you can do to protect yourself and others from Covid-19.
- Doctors recommend using a hand sanitizer frequently when you are outside and carrying a small bottle with you so you can use it often.
- The WHO has recently advised people to take precautions against the spread of coronavirus, including maintaining social distancing and washing hands thoroughly.
- When someone is sneezing around you, it’s important to move away and try to cover your mouth. Coronavirus can have symptoms similar to colds, so it’s important to be cautious.
- Whenever you take food items, make sure to wash them thoroughly before use. This will clean any infection present on the surface of the food.
- Studies have shown that one such preventative measure is to ensure rooms are well-ventilated by keeping doors and windows open. This allows fresh air to circulate and reduces the chances of coming into contact with the virus.
Covid XBB 1.5 Variant FAQs
Do Boosters Work on XBB.1.5?
COVID booster offers some protection against the newer strains, particularly against severe illness, according to experts. This is likely because the new strains remain under the omicron family.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is the disease caused by a new coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2.
Who is most at risk from COVID-19?
People aged 60 years and over, such as high blood pressure, heart and lung problems, diabetes, obesity, or cancer, are at risk of developing serious illnesses.